So, the festival of lights has just gone leaving you happier, richer and in most probability more plump too!! So, here’s a quick fix to get you back on track:
1. CLEAR STOCK: The first step towards cleansing your body is cleansing your refrigerator. Give away those loaded boxes of sweets, chocolates and all the savories. Remember, out of sight is out of mind!
2. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS: To clear your body of all the toxins accumulated over the past week, it is very important to increase your Fluid intake. To begin with, minimum 3 liters of water Daily is a MUST! Include coconut water, buttermilk, lime juices, vegetable juices, soups etc. to add up to your fluids.
3. WALK IT UP: Resume your fitness regimen at the earliest if you have given it a miss over the festive season. Start with simple walking atleast 45 minutes daily.
4. FOOD GROUPS: Yes, we are aware that all food groups are important for a healthy body; however, on a detox, you can skip simple carbohydrates and fats for a short span of 3-5 days. Include more of whole fruits, stir fried veggies, soups, sprouts, salads etc to feel and weigh lighter!
5. CUT THE JUNK: On a detox plan, totally restrict consumption of fried snacks, desserts, sweets, chocolates, outside food, aerated drinks, tea, coffee and alcohol.
6. FIBRE: Add 1-2 tsp of your fibre supplement (e.g. Isabgol/Husk) on a daily basis to your diet on a detox plan to meet your daily requirement of Fibre. It’s a good way also to ensure that the toxins are cleared out of your system.
7. DO NOT RE-BOUND: So, you successfully completed your 5-day detox and now you are celebrating !!! Once the detox is over, go slow on your eating habits and follow a healthy eating pattern and a proper fitness regimen atleast 6 days in a week to stay in shape!
Go ahead and get fitter and slimmer!